Military Doctor, PhD in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Lecturer in the University of Queensland, Australia.
Dr KARANIKAS Evangelos, Psychiatrist-Psychotherapist, maintains his private office in Thessaloniki, Greece. He is Military Doctor, Lecturer in the University of Queensland, Australia, Scientific Associate in the 2nd University Psychiatric Clinic of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, trained in the Melbourne Neuropsychiatry Center. He is expert on the field of stress publishing numerous scientific papers.
He aims to provide professional help, with respect of the individual peculiarities, time and financial state of each one of his clients. This takes place with the appropriate combination of psychotherapeutic techniques and medication depending on the severity of the case.
The Psychiatrist’s expertise field are:
Clinical evaluation, diagnosis, treatment
• Anxiety disorders, such as Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
• Depression, dysthymia
• Psychosis, such as Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Delusions
• Dementia, such as Alzheimer’s
• Sleep Disorders,Somatization, Psychosomatic Disorders
• Bulimia and Anorexia,
• Sexual Disorders, such as Premature Ejaculation, Erection Disorders
• Personality Disorders, like cases with low self-esteem, anger, impulsivity,
• Dependence from , Alcohol, cannabis, Internet
• Relationship problems – communication with partner
- Psychoanalysis, Schema Therapy, Supportive
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Couple Therapy
- Anxiolytics, Antidepressants, Antipsychotics, Mood stabilizers
- On line sessions
- Home visits
- Certifications Mental Health
- Liaison with clinics, rehabilitation centers
- Expert Medico-legal reports
“Every day routine teaches us that all psychological states can not necessarily fit in particular therapeautical norms. It is common for a number of symptoms, stemming from different psychopathological entities, to coexist. Similarly it is not uncommon during the course of a therapy, for hurdles and dilemmas to emerge which can only be successfully treated through the therapist’s competent scientific knowledge, flexibility and skills to combine practices from various types of psychotherapies.”
For the treatment of anxiety disorders such as Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder we apply mainly Cognitive Behavioral therapy αnd/or Schema therapy (a combination of cognitive and psychoanalytical approaches) enriched with techniques such as relaxation, exposure in fantasy, exposure and response prevention, thought stopping. The anxiety disorders with more phobic character such as height phobia, needle phobia, blood phobia are treated mainly with Behavioral therapy.
In Depressive Disorders, we apply the Cognitive Therapy and/or Schema therapy (a combination of cognitive and psychoanalytical approaches) whereas should their intensity is heavy and/or delusional thoughts, suicidality, decrease of functioning emerge then medication could be an additional therapeautical option.
In relationship problems, when someone experiences intense distress stemming from his/her choices with regard to basic domains of everyday life such as friendship, affairs, professional state, academic issues, psychoanalytical psychotherapy is an option, provided that major psychic disorder where reality testing is not intact is absent. This type of therapy is long term and aims at reconstruction of personality traits so as they become more functional.
MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS
“Για την ψυχή που νοσεί φάρμακο είναι ο λόγος”